The Birthing Center Experience
Nemaha Valley Community Hospital strives to make your birthing experience as comfortable and easy as possible before, during, and after the birth of your new baby.
- We offer birthing classes four times a year. These classes focus on the birthing and postpartum experience. For questions on when classes are offered ask your doctor or Dana Deters, RN BSN at 785-336-0424.
- We have two Certified Breastfeeding Educators that are here to ensure success in your breastfeeding experience.
- Nemaha Valley Community Hospital now has a Breastfeeding Clinic!
- We are participants in the High 5 for Mom & Baby program to promote successful breastfeeding.
- Prior to discharge, mom and dad have a delicious special meal with their choice of smoked pork chop or chicken cordon bleu, baked potato, lettuce salad and dessert.
- After discharge, each mom and baby will visit the breastfeeding clinic for a postpartum check. A registered nurse will check on both mom and baby, ensuring that everything is going well. Following the initial visit, mom and baby can utilize our Breastfeeding Clinic as much as needed, by appointment only. Mothers that do not doctor at NVCH are welcome to utilize the Breastfeed Clinic for a small one time fee of $30. Please call Dana Deters at 785-336-0424 to make an appointment today.
- Nemaha Valley Community Hospital now has Certified Car Seat Technician. Please contact Dana Deters at 785-336-0424 for additional details.